Education Secretary Arne Duncan has said test scores alone should not decide a teacher's salary, "...but to somehow suggest we should not link student achievement to teacher effectiveness is like suggesting we judge sports teams without looking at the box score."If I were to run a classroom in the same way you run a sports team,
- I'd be allowed to run the team how I wanted,
- I could recruit talented players from other schools,
- I would not have to play everyone,
- I could require them to practice,
- and I can cut players who don't measure up.
And what about all those music and art and foreign language and history teachers whose material isn't directly measured by a test? Don't they deserve a change at these bonuses and incentives, too? Or are they all just dog meat here?